Thursday, October 3, 2019

VK's Pizza Adventures 5

Outsider's Pizza, Milwaukee Style 2.25
Pizza Corner, Non-Vacuum Wrapped 7
Green Mill, Tavern Style 3.5
Real 'Za 6.75

I didn't like the Outsider's Pizza. The crust had a rather nice texture and there was enough sauce on it to be able to taste the flavor, both of which would have been points in its favor were it not for the second kind of pepperoni on this pizza.

I'm not quite sure what it is that's different, but I really did not like it. It reminded me a great deal of the flavor on the cheapo Totino's pizzas.

I have no idea what it might have been had the pizza been without them, but the second sort of pepperoni makes this one pretty close to inedible.

The only reason this is rated higher than Totino's is that it didn't fall apart on me while eating it.

2.25/10




The Pizza Corner one was quite nice, the crust had both a fantastic texture and flavor, and this is the first frozen pizza I've had besides DiGiorno where there's enough sauce to actually drip out when you bite into it.

The cheese looked to be shaved rather than shredded, which gave it a smooth, more even distribution on the cheese.

Unfortunately this particular frozen pizza had the pepperonis beneath the cheese, and as a result, I couldn't taste them very much.

I added a layer of my own pepperonis.

It had more flavor than usual, but not much. It really needs some seasoning of some sort sprinkled on the top.

Twas very good though, probably one of the best frozen pizzas I've had.

I'd a decently sized and thick pizza too, enough that I got two meals out of it. Though sadly it was about $11. At that point I might as well order a large pizza from Happy Joe's, as that'll get me 3-5 meals for about $20.

7/10



The Green Mill Tavern Style is another one that has the pepperonis buried. It also has those little cubes of pepperoni that have a similar flavor that I associate with Totino's. As a result of the normal pepperonis being buried, the yucky ones are all I taste.

The flavor isn't quite as intense as the Outsider's one, which had full-sized slices. A shame, as the texture is great and the cheese is plentiful and gooey. There was enough to actually come off the slices and pool a bit when I cut the pizza right out of the oven.

It's a rather nice looking and nicely textured pizza, but unfortunately, those weird pepperonis drag it down.

3.5/10



The Real 'Za is one of those "all-natural" type brands, and has a massive 8.99 price tag while providing a pizza the size of a Jack's pizza a third the cost. Basically it was a one meal for VK sized pizza.

It's a shame it's so pricy, as it was actually quite good.

The box totes the sauce as flavorful, and it was indeed. I find that this is where most frozen pizzas fall short, as they don't use much sauce, their sauce is bland, or both.

The crust texture was nice and crispy and it was quite sturdy and didn't flop all over or fall apart. I wasn't a particularly huge fan of the way they sprinkle something on the bottom of the pizza, as it made crumbs and gave the otherwise nice texture a bit of a flaw.

The pepperonis were on top, which is a point in this pizza's favor, but they didn't have much taste to them, which is common with a lot of these frozen pizzas.

Overall it was one of the better frozen pizzas I've had.

6.75/10

<hr />

No comments:

Post a Comment