Saturday, August 20, 2016

VK's Pizza Adventures 1

Totino's Party Pizza 2/10
Bellatoria Ultra Thin Crust Ultimate Pepperoni 4/10

Cooked one of the little Totino's party pizzas today along with a Bellatoria Ultra Thin Crust, both the usual Pepperoni.

The only positive thing I have to say about the Totino's is that is isn't near as horrible as I remember it. It's pretty awful, very bland, no real pepperoni flavor from the light dusting of itty bitty pepperoni cubes, had to be literally scraped off my oven rack, and has a tendency to fall apart while I'm picking it up and eating it.

It's edible and cheap, and I can see somebody who is worse off then me getting them so they have an affordable reminder of the glory that is a proper pizza.

If pizza is a grand, wonderful fantasy kingdom of wonder and adventure, Totino's Party Pizza is a castle that was stormed and burned down ages ago, but the corner of a wall is still standing and is providing a rare solid wall to keep out the wind in the midst of a refugee shanty town.

Unfortunately the sewer system is intact and filled with goblins, kobolds, and giant rats.

I like their pizza rolls a lot better.

I got mine for $1.25, and I still feel like I overpaid.

Rating: 2/10

The Bellatoria is, I think, a more gourmet brand. I know I never buy them, as they tend to be very pricey. The thin crust Bellatoria cost me $5.99, which is the same as two of the three DiGiornio's I tried, making it the second most pricy of seven frozen pizzas I bought.

They're definitely bludgeoning this thing with a marketing stick as it's labelled ULTRA THIN CRUST, which is about on par with every other thin crust frozen pizza I've ever had, and ULTIMATE PEPPERONI, which is pretty much the usual pepperoni. Maybe they added like 4 extra slices more than usual. I didn't count them.

It's okay, and definitely better than the Totino's. It's got some seasoning in it that I can't quite place, but am not too terribly fond of. For the same price I could get a DiGiorno, which I can get 3 meals out of, or a Wild Mike's at WalMart, which is absolutely massive and I can get 4 meals out of it.

It reminds me a lot of the Roma brand, which also has a similar seasoning type taste to it, but has a pizza size somewhere between your typical single serving style pizza and your usual frozen pizza. I think they typically tend to go for $2 or so.

I won't be getting this again. It's way too expensive for something I'm not terribly fond of.

Rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment